Do you have spaces or gaps in your smile that you wish to remedy? Are you tired of wearing dentures that slip, making it difficult to eat and speak properly? Are you hesitant about having enamel removed to have a dental bridge fixed? If so, Dr. Sean Kennelly may recommend dental implants in Centennial, Colorado! Dental implants are surgically placed to serve as artificial tooth roots for replacement teeth. Your jawbone then grows around the implant, making it a permanent part of your smile. Implants have the following advantages:
- They improve the appearance of your smile because they look and feel like your natural teeth.
- They become permanent.
- It is easier to speak and eat properly with implants than with dentures.
- They improve your self-esteem.
- They improve your oral health because they do not require tooth reduction.
- They are durable and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- They are more convenient than dentures because they are not removable.
In a general sense, anyone who is healthy enough to go through a tooth extraction or oral surgery is a candidate for a dental implant. The patient should have healthy gums and enough jawbone structure to support and hold the implant. We encourage you to contact our dental office today to learn more and to schedule a consultation with our dentist!