Remove infected, damaged, or problematic teeth with dental extractions
While our teeth are meant to last a lifetime, some situations may arise where a patient might need to have a tooth (or more) manually extracted. That includes wisdom tooth removal, emergency tooth extraction, and extraction of a tooth that is severely infected. Dental extractions do not have to be intimidating, and our team can help you decide if you need a tooth removed. In Centennial, Colorado, Dr. Sean Kennelly of Argyle Family Dental provides both simple and surgical extractions.
Why might I need a tooth removed?
We want to ensure that our patients have their adult teeth for life, which is why we recommend regular visits to the practice and proper oral healthcare habits at home. However, there are times when patients might need to have a tooth removed with the help of a dentist. Below are just a few of the reasons why a patient might reach out to our team for tooth extraction:
- Extra teeth are creating a blockage or overcrowding
- The third molars, or wisdom teeth, need to be removed before they erupt due to impaction
- Wisdom teeth need to be removed because they are increasing one’s risk of disease and cavities
- There has been an injury to the mouth that has caused a tooth to be unrestorable
- Severe tooth decay has affected a tooth and cannot be addressed with root canal therapy
- The bone around a tooth has been destroyed due to an infection
- Baby teeth need to be removed to allow room for permanent teeth to breakthrough
- Patients are preparing for orthodontics and need to remove teeth for overcrowding
- Patients are having dentures made and need to remove existing teeth to place them
Extractions may be done surgically or “simply.” A simple extraction removes a tooth above the gum line and can be reached by the dentist. Surgical extractions are done for difficult extractions or teeth that have not erupted and need to be accessed by an incision in the gum tissue.
Schedule your visit today for tooth removal
Dr. Sean Kennelly and his team at Argyle Family Dental help Centennial, CO area patients with their oral health needs. If you find yourself in need of dental extraction, either surgical or simple, we can assist! Connect with the practice by calling (720) 573-2454 to request an appointment at 8120 South Holly Street, Suite #208.